Thursday, August 24, 2006

Miss Molly goes shopping

Today I learned that:
  1. I tolerate that silicone mask I was airing out better than I do the stacks at the library or the nearby Target.
  2. The stacks smell like mold, and God only knows what it is the Target smells like.
  3. I had forgotten how the kids stare when you wear a serious mask in a store. I had been using an inconspicuous small charcoal mask that didn't stay on very well, so I'd just hold it up to my face like a hankerchief when I really needed it. With the big mask, maybe I need to have business cards with the url for my homepage or something.
  4. I have developed a habit when walking behind other people of sliding off to the side so I don't get in their chemical contrails. Wearing that mask, I moved off out of habit, but I couldn't smell them, and I felt like I'd lost an arm or something.
  5. That was weird.
In other news, there's a trail off the end of a cul-de-sac around here that I've ridden on many times that has a sign that says "No motorized vehicles. Pedestrian traffic only." There used to be a few of those green metal fencing stakes in the trail so the local dirt bike couldn't get through, but apparently while I was gone, he got through too many times. There is now a veritable forest of closely-planted stakes. Since it was a bit of a challenge to get my bike through there, I checked with the local cops to make sure bikes were really ok, and as far as they know, I'm good to go.

I know my little mountain bike tracks will likely drive the stake planter nuts, but dang if the barriers don't make the trail more and more entertaining.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home