Tuesday, August 22, 2006

bamboo, Sprouts, and mattress tufting

Today we went to a natural flooring store and learned that in the high desert, some bamboo flooring will delaminate. If you get solid bamboo that doesn't happen, but with the tongue and groove and snap together kinds that have layers of other wood underneath the bamboo, it can. Rumor has it that we're low enough in Tucson that it probably won't delaminate, but we're going to ask the nice lady at the store to check with the manufacturer tomorrow.

After the flooring place, we checked out Sprouts, the new natural food store out near the far away Wild Oats. It is, to my eye, exactly as useful as the Sunflower we drive past on our way to the closer Wild Oats, except it had the frozen hash browns that that Wild Oats stopped carrying.

When we got home, I tufted the homemade kapok futon, aka the giant pillow, with a ten inch (25.4 cm) long needle my riding buddy gave me before she left town. I suppose that means I learned to tuft a mattress, but mostly what I learned was that that needle is freakin' sharp.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home