Thursday, August 17, 2006

random stuff update

Yesterday I learned that it can take fifteen hours to drive from the SF Bay Area to Tucson, so I need to make a smaller, easier-to-deploy traveling tent so we can stop along the way. Technically we could have pitched part of the big tent as a 10x10, but we shipped it home because it's freakin' huge. Also it wasn't clean enough to live in because the other thing I learned is that you can't keep notepaper on your plastic coffee table in a tent on a driveway in the SF Bay Area because the underside of the paper gets moldy.

Onward to today:
  • Very early in the morning when we arrived home, I learned that there is yet another mourning dove sitting on eggs in the extremely popular nest in the vine off our patio, and we killed two more doves by having big windows that reflect the sky.
  • You can buy a fancy stainless-steel electric range with big dent prominently positioned on the oven door for roughly $500, but it's not clear why you'd want to.
  • I can shop in Lowe's if I use my charcoal mask, but I'm not going to do it often.
  • The silicone mask I hung up outside two months ago is almost sort of tolerable, so in another couple of months, I might actually be able to use it.
Also, Tucson is nice and warm. I recognize that this time of year, many places in the US are overly warm, but California was cold. Warm is nice.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home