Friday, August 18, 2006

kissing bugs, flooring, and the ultimate detox

Today I learned that kissing bugs are pointy-looking bugs that sometimes fly but tend to suck their victim's blood for ten to fifteen minutes, lying next to them, during the night. Most people don't react to their spit, but some people get a little welt or something, and a few people go into anaphylactic shock. You can imagine which categories EIs tend to fall into, so I think I'll try my best to stay away from them.

In other news, today I sniffed the flooring samples we picked up at Lowe's yesterday, and the cheaper ones smell better than the pretty ones (that I can't find a picture of). If I have any trouble with any of them in a few more days, we'll be good and put down tile, but cheap and glueless has a lot of appeal. Oh, yeah, and as problematic as the carpet is, it sure is soft when your feet are accustomed to a concrete driveway.

In still more news, I learned that if I go for a 45 minute bike ride in 95 degree (35 C) heat, I detox pretty hard. The bad news is that I can't get too far in 45 minutes, but the good news is that I can ride for 45 minutes in 95 degree heat. If I feel good tomorrow, I'm going to do it again.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home