Monday, August 14, 2006

illegal immigration and my big mouth

Today I learned that organic farmers are having trouble harvesting their crops because all the help is stuck on the south side of the border. Somebody in the government had better fix that or I'm going to take the Sarah Connor (of Terminator 2) self-defense course and become a coyote.

In other news, school is about to start, and the local biology teacher got to attend a lecture by a neurologist about how people learn. Among other things, she heard that women have more symmetrical brains than men do, and somehow that means more connections to the language part of the brain, so on average, women say 24,000 words in a day, whereas men average 7,000. However, when I looked around the internet to find a reference, all I found was this guy's effort to find a reference, which he didn't really find, so it sounds like an academic legend.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home