Friday, May 15, 2009

fat, spam, and recycling

A few days ago I learned that the obesity epidemic can be blamed entirely on people eating too much. The model researchers used to predict the overall fatness of the US population based on national food consumption (and waste) predicted even more obesity, so people have apparently been exercising more. They found that to combat the extra calories, you'd have to walk an average adult an extra two hours per day and an average kid two and a half hours. The kids could instead lose one "fizzy drink" (350 calories) per day, but the grown-ups have to figure out how to ditch an extra 500 calories, which the article says is equivalent to a hamburger. (I think it must be a little hamburger.) (I don't know much about the caloric content of hamburgers.)

Then I got distracted, but somewhere in there I learned that Blogger's spam detector thinks this blog is a spam blog, so I am dutifully reporting it here just like all the other bloggers whose blogs have been 'detected.' Maybe I look like a pusher of non-shampoo hair cleaning products, but, honestly, I think the majority of the people who come to this blog are looking for some variant of 'shoplifting tools,' which I mentioned once in 2007.

In other illegal news, reusing a priority mail cardboard box is illegal even if you turn it inside out and no one will know except the recipient. I do not expect this information to generate much in the way of page visits.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home