Tuesday, May 08, 2007

fumes and dryers

Today I learned that petroleum product vapors are denser than air, so that's probably why opening the garage door just enough to allow critters inside is helping with the car fumes in there.

In other news, the dryer broke. Fortunately, the washing machine saga gave us plenty of appliance repair experience, so it only took one trip to the store and $46. It would have been less, but I decided as long as we were at it, we could replace the more dry/less dry thermostat, which hasn't worked right in months. So, check me out - I have a fancy new ancient dryer. With less lint in it, too.

Ok, I have the kind of dryer with the cheesy lint screen, and it totally collects lint below the screen where the air turns a corner to enter the duct. I never knew you were supposed to clean your dryer every year, but I can absolutely understand why. I'm just sorry I didn't take a picture.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home