Monday, May 07, 2007

fun with laundry

It's pollen season, and I still haven't made it through one without developing a sensitivity to whatever I wash clothes in. So far, in order, I have lost Seventh Generation liquid (Nov. '05), borax (May '06), Trader Joe's fragrance-free (Nov. '06), and, for variety this time, baking soda and vinegar (present). I'm pleased to report that washing soda takes out the baking soda or vinegar quickly, so I should be good to go pretty much tomorrow until October. Then I think I'll try soap flakes or just go for the fragrance-free ammonia, which I understand is most easily found at the hardware store.

I'll have to ventilate the garage pretty carefully if I want to work with ammonia, but I understand it washes all the way out and doesn't leave a residue, so if you can avoid hurting yourself when you load the washer, it's the safest thing out there.

I think I would like to be better by October. I'll let you know how that goes.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

borax alone is also good.

for soap flakes you need to determine the source - animal or vegetable, and coconut or whatever. some companies won't share.

thanks for sharing your journey
: )
linda

3:16 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I didn't "see" you already mentioned borax
duh - blame the brain fog
: (
maybe some frag-free hydrogen peroxide if you can find it?
linda

8:28 PM  
Blogger missmolly said...

I have plenty of hydrogen peroxide, but I was afraid I'd bleach things with it.

Not that my whites are white or anything. Maybe I should give it a more serious try. ;)

9:21 PM  
Anonymous generic Medicine online said...

Thank you for providing such a valuable information and thanks for sharing this matter.

7:30 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home