Saturday, April 28, 2007

making a mess


I don't expect you had any trouble identifying the trench we dug yesterday, and I was, in fact, able to help lift the trencher back into the truck, but only because I got the light end.

Today I learned that if I overextend myself, I get all irresponsible, which is upsetting because even when I was a teenager I was overly responsible, and I tend to depend on it. This is the kind of thing that gets you a certificate from you college roomate for being "The Competent Bridesmaid" at her wedding because you not only followed directions, you also showed up with a pocket knife, and sometimes, a lady with a pocket knife is exactly what you need.

Speaking of my college roomate, the other thing I learned was that when you need to plug a hole in your irrigation box, you can block it off with a piece of one of those tiles left over from the stepping stone. When you break a tile to create such a piece, it sounds exactly like that time our other friend took a film class, and for his final project, decided to film my roomate breaking dishes by throwing them on concrete.

She couldn't keep from smiling.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home