Monday, April 30, 2007

exhaust, border surveillance, burning bridges, flames, exhaust fans, and mesquite

Today I learned that if the motorcycle exhaust blows me out of town this weekend, I can go see where they're going to put up the virtual border fence in Arivaca, about ten miles north of the border. Residents are worried about "loud-hailer" horns, among other things. The horns are apparently to be used if someone comes over to a tower and threatens it. I still don't see how that's going to help if someone chooses to shoot at it instead, but I guess we'll see. And since wildfire season is coming up, I also wanna know if the towers are sensitive to flames. Because bridges and female tech-nerd bloggers apparently are.

But back to exhaust. It appears that if we want to park our car in our attached garage, which according to this, will kill you, it needs some serious ventilation. I'm voting for at least a 50 CFM continuously operating fan with an accompanying vent, which, if you price bathroom fans, will cost at least $150, and I don't know that a bathroom fan is what I want. I do know that I want a quiet fan, and fan noise is measured in sones, which is some scale based on dBA, which, as an engineer, I get. Sones, not so much, but less than one sone sounds ok.

In other news, the pollen that definitely keeps me in the house is mesquite pollen. All I have to say is that I really, really hope that the mesquites at Colossal Cave can hold off until the ones around here quit.

1 Comments:

Blogger prolix said...

Nice article, thanks for the information.


Custom Made Performance Exhaust Systems

11:32 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home