Friday, August 25, 2006

the roof, the floor, and grocery shopping

Today I learned that our tile roof leaks up at the peak where there's a crack in the concrete. There are some other issues up there, too, but the guy who looked at it said we could get some quikrete and solve the worst of it. I never had a roof you could fix with concrete before.

In other house related news, it turns out that those two rooms we took the carpet out of last year smell so much better if you mop the floors. I never thought about mopping a concrete floor to make it smell better.

And I am totally in love with that mask I took to the store yesterday. Today I went grocery shopping all by myself and went in the stinky laundry product aisle, the stinky personal hygiene product aisle, and a perfectly good aisle that had a cologney shelf stocker in it. I don't have to wear the mask the whole time I'm in that store, but for those three things and the checkout counter, the mask was the best thing ever. I had an honest to gosh revelation on the way home, too. With some restrictions I'm going to ignore for the moment,

⇒ I can go anywhere I want. ⇐

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home