Saturday, April 22, 2017

laundry detergent, ribs, and nettles

I didn't want to jinx it by saying anything earlier, but I tolerate laundry detergent now. Not anything as complicated as liquid or those packs that look like candy to children, but just plain powder. It works way better than, say, vinegar, which, as far as my contaminant is concerned, just makes you feel like you're doing something by adding it, but totally doesn't do anything.

In highly related news, Trader Joe's just stopped making their powdered laundry detergent, but I'm fairly confidently switching to Country Save, which used to be hard to find, but is now all over the place.

In dirt-related news, I learned that when you break your ribs crashing while mountain biking, you can actually push some of them out of place. The doctor explained it by comparing the situation to venetian blinds that get out of whack. Getting your ribs twisted back into place is not really entertaining, but not being subtly twisted up all the time is worth it.

In other doctor-related news, my nose started running like the proverbial faucet on Wednesday a couple of weeks ago. I saw the doctor for my ribs the following Tuesday, and besides fixing up my ribs, he told me to take quercetin, hesperetin, and nettles for my runny nose. I was already taking quercetin because it does something with mast cells and it helped earlier this season. I couldn't find hesperetin easily locally except in other brands of quercetin, so I blew it off. I had some nettles pills I'd tried a previous year (but not much happened), so I tried them again, and my nose stopped running. That evening.

I can't actually say it was the nettles that did it, but I'm not willing to risk that level of nose issues to find out. I hope nettles don't turn out to be expensive.




0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home