Thursday, October 27, 2016

failure of the B vitamins

Yesterday I learned that the local bike coop, BICAS, where you can rent bike tools, has a mosquito problem when they aren't running their fans. We paid $4 to rent a derailleur hanger straightener, and I got bitten four times. I was the only person hopping around and flapping, so I can assume there were only four mosquitoes in the whole place. This post is mostly a note to myself to dress for a desert trek (i.e. wear tightly-woven long pants and long sleeves) if I go anywhere near the place ever again.
A dollar per bite. Dress appropriately. Stop being a mosquito magnet.

In other bike-related news, I relearned how to ride part of Fantasy Island that will get bulldozed sometime in the future (the yellow part, below), but I also did really well on a short loop that will live on. My ribs feel fine, so despite the bug bites, progress has been made.

These maps are posted on the affected trails, but not anywhere on the internet I could find, so have a picture of a map.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home