Wednesday, October 19, 2016

crickety mayhem

Recently I sort of learned to make a cricket trap from a fairly standard wikihow, and by "fairly standard," I mean it had a massive lack of details, so I'm not going to link to it. This project came up because I mentioned that we had a cricket in the house the other day, but it was only a little annoying. It came to keep us company while we watched tv the other night, and it transitioned very quickly to super annoying because it kept talking whenever the show got exciting, plus it proved too elusive to vacuum up easily.

Later that night, I set up my trap with parts I had lying around the kitchen. All I had to do was wait and see what I had in the morning. I went to bed. I had hardly closed my eyes when I heard a thump nearby. The thump was unusual, but my trap was not going to make one unless someone kicked it into a wall, plus it was in the living room, so I did not immediately associate the thump with the cricket. That association did not occur until spouse reported that he had met the cricket in the hallway, and in a split-second decision, whacked it with his hand.

So God only knows if the trap would have worked (I bet not), and I'm not going to go recruit outdoor crickets. Crickets outside are fine as long as they don't invent little bullhorns and try to yell over my tv.

You know, this is a terrible story. It serves me right for not really learning something.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home