Tuesday, November 30, 2010

the super mask, fish sauce, books, and nutmeg

Today I learned that I can go out with a hepa filter strapped to my face and trim trees for three hours in otherwise unbreathable air, and afterward, the world is a much better place. My husband used to take me out of town for the day when the air was bad, and even after I got home I would feel much better. Apparently getting out of stuff for a while is a thing, and I'm sure the exercise didn't hurt.

In other news,Also, that blanket we picked up as a souvenir in Tijuana is no longer allowed in the house because even my husband can detect it. It had been sitting folded up with the other blankets waiting to be tolerated, which it now clearly never will be. I am stunned that it didn't kill us years ago.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ancient Romans made a similar fish sauce called garum. -Shoshe

9:51 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home