Monday, November 22, 2010

fire trucks and eggshells

Today I learned from our neighbors that there was a fire truck parked outside our house on Saturday. The neighbors were worried about us, but they figured if there were firemen involved, we probably didn't need any neighborly hovering. Since this information was clearly news to me, we started wondering what my husband and I could possibly have been doing that we would have missed something like that.

It turns out this all happened at five minutes to six in the morning, so I know exactly what I doing. I was getting rested up to sleep through my alarm at 7:30, just like I do every morning.

In house-related news, I learned that our sliding glass door has two pairs of wheels under it, and that as of this morning, three of the four didn't turn if you put any pressure on them, so the impression we had that the whole works was dragging was 75% correct. The wheels aren't hard to replace, and somehow the door looks much better now, much like a just-paid-off car suddenly drives better.

In similar news, while my husband was off buying wheels, I unclogged the kitchen sink all by myself without even spilling any water when I took out the trap, which was filled with eggshells. Eggshells: the most well-known breakable on the planet, something this disposal has never had trouble with before, and exactly what it should be walking on if it wants to see 2011.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home