Tuesday, November 23, 2010

smoke blows

Today I learned that a house fire overnight drove the PM2.5 reading up to something like 70 µg/m3 at just one monitor station overnight, and 20 µg/m3 is enough for me. I don't know what time the fire was, but the smoke got over here by about 4:30 am.

In closely related news, I mentioned that we have a little problem here with the pressurizer filter -- it's not quite up to pre-Thanksgiving smoke concentrations. Tonight it's just recirculating house air, and we've taped the doors and windows like it's Christmas Eve, the smokiest day of the year excluding forest fires.

It feels like a cross between a blizzard and a holiday, both of which require desserts, so it's probably a very good thing I haven't made any pies yet.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home