Sunday, November 14, 2010

scanners, strains, and cookies

Today I learned that if your scanner breaks, you can just take pictures of your documents with a point-and-shoot digital camera. I supported the camera between two short pieces of baseboard across a couple of plastic tubs and put the papers on the floor, thereby saving us a trip to the store to buy something we didn't want. At least on this side of Tucson, the only way to get a flat-bed scanner that is reasonably compatible with your stuff is to order one online, which doesn't help if you want to send something today.

In other news, I'm up to learning things again because after almost two weeks to the day, I'm mostly recovered from my pollen-and-mold-induced "cold." I've had two-week pollen problems before, but this one was the kind of thing that makes you forget that you ever felt good before or could again. Unfortunately, the mold part is not as gone as the pollen, and I get a calf cramp from this kind of outdoor mold. (Don't ask me why, but it's consistent.) I got away with running in the national park yesterday, and I would have gotten away with running in the wash behind the subdivision today if it hadn't been for Laundry Fest (every Sunday, all day, and if somebody didn't finish, it starts again on Monday morning about 6 am.) The cramp turned swiftly into probably a low-level strain, so it was a very short run.

So I'm sitting on the couch with ice on my calf looking at recipes for granola bars and girl scout cookies, which I will not make because then I'd eat them, and if I can't run, that would make me fat and hyper.

1 Comments:

Anonymous buy medication online said...

This is such an interesting blog. You are very knowledgeable about this subject. Please check out my site.

4:36 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home