Sunday, October 24, 2010

new construction, laundry, and politics

Today I learned that the problem over at my friends' house can at least partially be blamed on a new house that is upwind and about a 1/4 mile away. That place, which now has stucco and windows, appears to be a major source of death-defying air quality. I don't know why it's still so evil if it has stucco and windows, but I have high hopes that it will get better soon.

In other news, if you know a homeless EI, and I think most EIs do, and you somehow become the only one who can handle some of her laundry, then you, too, can learn all about how microscopic loads of laundry (separated to prevent cross-contamination) form little cloth logs in the dryer that fall from one fin to another, not tumbling and making little thump sounds roughly a half second apart. You can run the dryer for an hour, sucking pollen into your house the whole time, and those things will never, ever dry. She doesn't tolerate the air outside my house or inside my house, so it's a wonder the dryer helps at all anyway.

In political news, I mentioned before that I'm expecting a major shift in political parties in 2012, and I think we're on track for Tea Party vs. Democrats, but it would be really fun if the Democrats get unpopular enough to be overthrown by, say, Transformers. I would miss nap time for Tea Party vs. Transformers.

2 Comments:

Blogger cinderkeys said...

There are already rifts in the Tea Party. Maybe one Tea Party subgroup will break off and become the Transformers.

11:19 PM  
Blogger missmolly said...

Transformers, more than meets the eye, robots in the sky, etc.

I can't believe I still have brain cells devoted to 80s cartoon theme songs.

3:19 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home