Monday, July 09, 2007

birds and books

Today I watched a new set of doves straighten out the nest that was just vacated. They spent the morning wrestling with twigs. I was expecting them to kick out the third egg laid by the previous tenants, which, since it's still an egg, clearly didn't hatch. The soon-to-be mommy bird scratched around some, perhaps incidentally kicking the egg, but she never got it out of the nest.

There were two eggs abandoned there earlier this year, and I never did figure out what happened to them since there weren't any shells to be found.

The other thing I may have learned is that the chemicals in a library book I'm trying to read are giving me a killer death headache. It could be something else entirely, but I was doing fine when I was just staring blankly at the tv instead of reaching into a plastic bag to turn pages.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home