Sunday, July 08, 2007

inexpensive entertainment, lead, birds, and a pig

Today I learned that there's a Corningware outlet in Milpitis, CA, which is not that far from my parents' house. Corningware makes Visionware glass pots and pans, the holy grail of EI cookware. Since I'm doing fine with stainless steel, I suppose that's not a great excuse to go shopping, but I'll take what I can get. Shopping is high entertainment if you don't get to do it much.

In other news, this morning I read the Washington Post and learned that lead exposure gives people a tendency toward violence and some lady from Manassas, VA feels like she's out in nature when she hears the birds chirp inside the Home Depot. I think she has very low standards.

Speaking of animals and low standards, I learned that if you know anything about farm-raised vs. wild pigs, Fred the enormous hog, who was shot by an 11-year-old, was obviously farm-raised. He was also essentially a pet, in that he played with the grandkids and the chihuahua.

In still more animal-related news, the latest batch of doves fledged today. They spent most of the afternoon napping in the shade of a chair, so they were really easy to photograph, but we're having minor technical difficulties, so the picture isn't postable today. I still can't believe the birds put up with us.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home