Friday, June 29, 2007

cartoon products, other news, and the latest reaction report

Today I got to watching a cartoon about the adventures of a mouse with a bad cold in a drugstore that carried magnetic flasks, electric needles, radium hairpins, kilowatt clocks, and saturated irium tweezers, so you know I had to figure out what irium was. It says on Wikipedia that irium is what Pepsodent, in a flash of marketing brilliance, decided to call sodium lauryl sulfate*. It might be something radioactive, too, but since I can't find any confirmation, I can only assume people are confusing it with iridium.

In other news:I also learned that some products made of perfectly good organic cotton cloth come with absolutely evil tags sewn into them. I cut them off, so the stuff I ordered might be ok now, but holy s***.


* Just because that Tom's of Maine page considers sodium lauryl sulfate safe enough to use doesn't mean it couldn't kill you anyway.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home