Wednesday, May 16, 2007

pesticide and Swimmies

This morning before the termite guy arrived I learned that if you build a little piece of wall in your back yard near a blooming acacia tree and inject your fake wall with foaming termite poison, the reaction I get from it is remarkably similar to the one I get from...

...the blooming acacia tree.

It also smelled sort of like Home Depot, and almost exactly the same as the leftover wallboard, which we meant to make into a 'control' fake wall, but we didn't get around to it. So I did react to the new wallboard, that is, unless I got downwind of the acacia tree, which, since the breeze wasn't overly steady this morning, was pretty much anywhere.

The upshot is that when he got here, the friendly termite guy offered up that spraying only outside might well kill off the termites in my bathroom wall, so we decided to wait the requisite 90 days and see if they're gone. By then the fake wall will be 90 days old, and I might be able to get near it.

For the record, I seem to have survived fine, considering a storm blew through this afternoon.

In other news, I was a bad news magnet yesterday, so I carefully only read stupid news today. Thus I learned that you can inject your muscles with synthetic oil that was designed for bodybuilders who just needed to touch up a spot or two. People have predictably started using it to inflate their upper arms until they look like Swimmies.

Now I'm wondering how well they float.

1 Comments:

Anonymous cheap medicines usa said...

Thanks for the guide. this information help me my store online medicine website How to seo.

7:29 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home