Monday, May 21, 2007

laundry update, a downtown mall, and potentially insane shoe-related optimism

Overnight I learned that between decontaminating the washer along with that canvas the other day, not keeping the car in the garage, and air fluffing everything I washed with just hot water yesterday, I tolerated the sheets again, so I got to sleep in the bed all night last night. That was nice.

Around noon I learned that no matter how many rooms you finish putting flooring in, you still never get to the point where the room just looks like it should, meaning that it has flooring in it. Each room, as you finish it, has the most gorgeous floor ever. It'll be a couple days before we start on the last room, so the wood is all stacked neatly so the car fits in the garage again. We'll see how that impacts the laundry situation in the next few days.

In newspaper news, the mall we went to once a year before Christmas when I was a kid is being torn down so it can be replaced with an actual downtown. Apparently Sunnyvale, CA tore down its downtown to put up a mall in the 1970's, and it didn't turn out so well. That was the only indoor mall I was aware of as a kid. It was a huge novelty, which still didn't make it interesting for more than about two hours once a year.

In shopping news, I tolerated this one bike store that I had a lot of trouble with last year for about 20 minutes, just long enough to try on all two pairs of road shoes they had in my size. One fit; the other sucked. It was an easy decision, and as a result, I've decided that I'm invincible, so I should start applying for jobs in January, when I should be over my next battle with laundry sensitivities. Obviously I'll let you all know how that works out for me.

3 Comments:

Blogger Chris said...

With all of the important content you include in your blog, I hate that when I finally have a comment it is only "Hey! I used to live in Sunnyvale!"

Small world and all that...

May your laundry woes be gone for good.

--C

12:13 PM  
Blogger missmolly said...

That's a fine comment, and thanks. I find it amusing that we've walked the same mall halls. :)

9:03 PM  
Anonymous reputable online pharmacy said...

This is such an interesting blog. You are very knowledgeable about this subject. Please check out my site.

7:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home