Friday, May 18, 2007

fish, rats, and an ok day

Today I learned that we have a pond in the middle of town that grows enough algae to kill the fish that aren't supposed to be in it, and rats in Africa grow to weigh as much as six pounds. They're also lazy at the beginning of the work week.

In other news, the pollen appears to be letting up, the air quality didn't feel too bad today, and my find-it ability returned suddenly such that without trying, I ran across my husband's misplaced car key on the garage floor under the shop vac, so things are looking up.

Ok, I'm sugar-coating it. My time sense is still pretty screwed up, so it's like living in a time-warp where time flies, but you're just not quite right instead of having fun. I expect better things from tomorrow, just like little orphan Annie and whatsername, the demented heroine in Gone With The Wind.

5 Comments:

Blogger Funball said...

That would be Scarlett O'Hara. :-)

11:56 PM  
Blogger missmolly said...

Hey, you don't happen to know the name of the book where this woman graduates from school, goes with her pet something-or-other to the planet where her mother lived, has to travel across half the planet to the farm she shared with the neighbors, who are totally strapped for cash because the mom spent all the farm money on school, and there are these exciting storms, and a minor character named Cadiz, and the only export is some drink called ambrosia? And the animal control guy is busy trying to kill the pet something-or-other because it didn't go through quarantine?

And you may ask why I want to find this book again if I remember the plot so well, and I wouldn't have a good answer for you.

10:37 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Is it "Promised Land" by Connie Willis and Cynthia Felice?

I did a google search for:
science fiction cadiz book
and found it on amazon.

8:18 AM  
Blogger missmolly said...

Holy cow, that's it!! I thought I tried every possible search on Google and Amazon - that's gotta be the only one I didn't try.

I tried 'novel' instead of 'book.' That's what I get for using two-syllable words. ;)

9:59 AM  
Anonymous online drugstore said...

Thank you for providing such valuable information and thanks for sharing this Business Promotion technique.

7:29 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home