Monday, August 07, 2006

on a role

I don't really want to get into the animal rights end of this article; I just have to point out the quote of the day, which is right now posted to the right of an eye-catching 'News Bulletin' label at the top of the Arizona Star's homepage:
Animal activist Rodney Coronado was sentenced to eight months in prison and three years supervised probation this morning for his roll in the disruption of a 2004 mountain lion hunt in Sabino Canyon.
Speaking of Sabino Canyon, the Forest Service paved the main road up the canyon so they could run trams up it, and more important, I could ride my road bike up it, but it's looking a little worse for wear after recent storms.

I also learned that you can put backpacks on pigeons that collect pollution data as an art project. I just can't say I would ever have thought of that.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home