Sunday, May 28, 2006

exploring, autobiography, and updates

Today I went exploring again on my bike. This time I went away from Fantasy Island instead of toward it, and I found a mostly dirt route to the dirt road up the really big hill on the east edge of town. I also found the sandiest neighborhood trail ever, which I will henceforth avoid at all costs.

In other news, a couple of months ago I agreed to write something for the autobiography feature in the local HEAL group's newsletter. With the deadline approaching, today I learned that it's pretty difficult to write a funny story about getting really sick.

Onward to the updates:
  • Made so far on the $83 (on sale) sewing machine:
    • number of $9 biking jerseys: 4
    • number of futon outsides: 1
    • number of $7 pairs of shorts: 2
    • number of $4 wrap-around skirts: 2
    • number of repairs to a $3 knock-off Birkenstock: 3
    Threatening to make: an untreated canvas tent.
  • Ants in the house:
  • Mourning dove nest: I accidentally scared off the momma bird half an hour ago, but I was hoping she'd be back by now.
This isn't an update, but
  • number of times today I was told I looked like a monster to a horse: 1
  • total number of horses I have talked out of being scared: 3
Horses seem to like it when you talk to them because then they can tell you're a person on a contraption instead of a space alien. That is pretty much everything I know about horses.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home