Tuesday, January 29, 2019

hermit crabs, customer service, and learning yoga

Today I learned that if you put a shell in an area that has lots of hermits crabs that is a little big for most of the locals, they will line up by size near it. Then when a big enough crab decides to move into the shell, one by one, everybody trades up for the next size. I guess everybody else learned that in 2015 when the article came out, but I missed it.

In other news, today I heard one side of a conversation between my husband and the internet service provider. It went something like this:
"Hi, could you tell me what IP6 ports you block?"
(pause)
"Well, I know you block some IP4 ports."
(pause)
"You do."
(pause)
"Because it's on your website."
(pause)
"Do you know what TCP ports are?"
(pause)
"Oh, ok, thank you then."
Then there was a very short pause, and he said "JEEEEESus," and I got the giggles because that was just not what I was expecting.

In yet more news, I have taken up YouTube yoga because we have had a lot of rain, and it's moldy outside. Since we are in a 19-year drought, maybe it's supposed to be this moldy this time of year, and I've just never experienced it before. It's been pretty wet. Regardless, this is probably the strongest I've been in a while. I know I'll miss the trails pretty soon, but right now, it's nice to be able to exercise without worrying about weird, asymmetrical muscle cramps.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home