Saturday, May 13, 2017

helpful health insurance companies

If you have a preexisting condition, your health insurance company may have decided to send you a doctor or nurse practitioner to make sure you're getting all the healthcare help you could possibly need, free of charge! Did they mention it was free of charge? It is strictly for your personal benefit. They are really nice that way!

If you decide you don't want someone to come to your house and make you, personally, sick because of that pesky preexisting condition -- because you don't have to accept this totally free benefit -- they don't really take no for an answer. They just call back later, which makes you ask what, exactly, they are getting out of the totally free visit. They are getting your happiness! It's a free benefit. Did they mention that? Yes? Well, it's a free benefit. Can we sign you up?

If you decide, what the heck, how sick could I get, I'm tired of these phone calls, you get a visit from a doctor or nurse practitioner who asks you a bunch of questions, and you get to ask some back. It then becomes clear that a side-effect of your preexisting condition, or something totally unrelated to it, tripped something in their system, and they want to make sure you are a responsible healthcare consumer and don't cost them a lot of money down the road.

That makes sense to me. I just wanted them to tell me that in the first place instead of being coy and making me wonder.

As a last note, the nurse was really nice and had actual experience with chemical injuries, but I still got sick because her previous, presumably non-chemically injured patients polluted her tools. It was a fast, bad reaction, too, but afterward it left me with a feeling that the world was a wonderful place. You know that fantastic feeling when something really awful goes away? I can't say it worth it, but at least they won't call me again this year.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home