Saturday, September 08, 2007

stuff I shouldn't eat or breathe

Today I learned that I can eat half a flourless chocolate cake with 3/4 of a pound of strawberries and not get sick. It's not something I'm going to do much because around here it's considered birthday cake, and it only happens once a year, but not necessarily all that close to anyone's birthday. Last year it kept me up all night.

What appeared to make me a little sick was eating meat that came from Wild Oats' closest local rival, Sunflower, so I'm going to have to bite the bullet and wear a mask in Wild Oats to obtain protein. The meat counter guys all recognize me because I try to buy two weeks worth of food at once, and some of them know how much of what I generally ask for, but communication is going to be harder when my end sounds like Kenny.

In other news, we had rain the last three days and conditions like 90% humidity, so we couldn't pressurize the house without making the indoors drip. I keep saying I'm getting better, and I am, but being able to pressurize the house overnight makes the difference between a tv coma and a moderately productive member of the household, if not actual society.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home