Wednesday, August 29, 2007

roof repair and stinky candles

To heck with what I learned - this morning the roofers came and fixed the leak in our roof two hours before another crazy Arizona summer thunderstorm showed up, so yay roofers! I suppose I learned that the air in the bathroom doesn't bug me after a rainstorm now that the roof doesn't leak.

In other news, I learned that the reason I didn't make sense last time I hung around the meat counter at Wild Oats wasn't because of the weather or anything I, personally, was doing. It's the scented candles they keep near one end, right near the organic bananas, which are then coated in perfume, hence the whole deal with peeling them them like you're performing surgery. Then I learned that when the store manager listens to you discuss the candles with actual concern and then asks for suggestions, it's kind of disconcerting. Either the chemicals made the whole encounter somewhat surreal, or I've gotten used to being blown off.

Also, the rest of the world isn't quite sure what you're talking about when you rattle off something about the stinky soap aisle, which I suggested as a good place to relocate the scented candles. They get it faster when you call it the fragranced hygiene products aisle.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home