Sunday, September 09, 2007

fat and a nose like a bloodhound

Today I learned that it only takes ten months to lose 110 pounds, so I was completely wrong that time I estimated it would take a year and a half to lose 100 pounds. In personal weight-loss news, I have no idea how much I weigh currently because my bathroom scale is sealed into the master bathroom, which has a smell, and it's not worth going in there since I didn't weigh a whole lot to start with.

We've been trying to get the synthetic chemicals left by the previous residents out of the bathroom cupboards. More accurately, my husband has been scrubbing them with multiple solvents and not getting anywhere. We could just tape them shut again, but we want to be able to use them someday, so we're probably going to have to paint the insides. For our last-ditch effort before we do that, which involves finding safe-for-me paint, we're going to ozone.

We knew fiddling with the cabinets was going to stink up the bedroom, so we've been sleeping in the living room. The bedroom was stinkified as expected, but we thought I'd be perfectly fine in there once the bathroom was sealed off for ozoning, and that wasn't the case. I've been killing brain and/or liver cells in two-minute increments for several days now sniffing the air at various points in the room, but just tonight I learned that one wall smells like that powder stuff the lady who lived here before strewed all over the inside of the air conditioning intake (probably not on purpose). That wall has been mopped multiple times since we moved here over two and half years ago, and it's not like that smell comes out when you scrub the bathroom cabinets, either.

So now I know why I took it for granted that I had to sleep near an air cleaner. I also half expect somebody to pat me on the head and borrow me to detect counterfeit dvds.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home