Wednesday, August 08, 2007

killer soup and the zoo

I've spent the last 24 hours learning that something I ate at the sushi place last night didn't agree with me. I suspect the miso soup because just before I ate it, I decided not to remember why I wasn't supposed to eat miso soup.

To get away from the construction fumes today, we went to the San Francisco Zoo. It looks pretty run down compared to when I was in sixth grade, so it was kind of a bummer. The happiest-looking beasties were the guinea pigs, prairie dogs, and penguins. A bunch of the other animals were huddled around their heat lamps because the sun completely failed to make an appearance up there today. Sun would have helped with the overall experience, but it wouldn't have made up for the empty pens and hand-written signs on the enclosures.

I'm usually the first one to excuse things like hand-written signs because you can change the information on them quickly and easily, thus improving your average zoo nut's experience, but these didn't convey nifty information so much as budget cuts.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home