Saturday, August 04, 2007

cow paths and sleepy babies

Today I learned that Saguaro National Park wants to eliminate some trails so it can focus its trail management money on the good trails. There are some pretty badly eroded trails out there, and according to the article I read, some of them were designed by cows, so that could explain it. The locals are upset by both of the plans the park put forth, each of which will eliminate a different one of my favorite trails, but honestly, I'm not sure what the big deal is. It's not like there won't be any place to wander around, so I think we'll get over it.

In baby news, the trick to putting down a crashed baby is to do it very, very slowly and know what position he wants to end up in. If you screw up this procedure, you have to start over from scratch, by which I mean returning to the screaming because he's tired stage.

I hope that last sentence made sense. My niece and nephew are pretty much chemical-free, but they can go places I can't, so I inhaled some extra chemicals trying to get my nephew re-crashed. It's a good thing he likes the great outdoors, even if it does get chilly here in the evenings.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home