Saturday, June 23, 2007

bike paths and plastic wrap

From an article about attempting to connect all the bike paths in and around Chicago, we have the quote of the day regarding initial opposition to the construction of one stretch:
"[People worried] that gangs from Joliet were going to get on their bikes, rape and pillage in New Lenox, then ride back to Joliet with a big-screen TV on the back of their bike," he said.
In other news, today I asked a meat counter clerk at a store where I don't buy meat because it's wrapped in plastic what kind of plastic they use. (I have a bad habit of asking hapless clerks obscure questions. I can't help it.) She didn't know what it was but allowed me behind the counter to sniff it, and it turned out to be very informative. So informative that I wish I had come up with my obscure question at home near my internet connection instead of inhaling PVC fumes.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home