Saturday, June 16, 2007

studs and regained abilities

Today I learned that metal studs are the coolest construction product ever, but only after you wipe the who-knows-what off them with alcohol. They're much quieter to cut than conventional studs because you cut them with tin snips, but the downside is that if you drop one, it makes an unholy racket. Also you have to worry about cutting yourself on the sharp edges when you wipe them down, but I understand that if you have a lot of them, you can take them to the car wash and hose them down with TSP, thereby destroying the environment, but fixing it so you can build a house that won't grow mold or feed termites.

In other news, I felt fine this morning. I'm just reporting that because yesterday I went in a giant home improvement store and then essentially ate corn chips for dinner, either one of which would have ruined me six months ago. This getting better thing is pretty entertaining.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home