Wednesday, June 20, 2007

all about air quality

Today I learned that if you spend all morning cleaning the heck out of the inside of your elderly BMW and then take it to the car wash so they can smear nasty-smelling goop all over it to make it all shiny, the first thing they ask is if you want the interior cleaned because you didn't smear the inside with nasty-smelling goop, i.e., Armor AllĀ®.

Then, since we were out, we learned that all the cheap shoes you'd get if you were a guy who wanted to run out to the garage without tying any laces smell like the tv, which is now residing in the living room, but under a box made of acrylic sheet and clear caulk.

And the reason you'd need shoes to get to the garage is that we designed the easiest airlock ever between the kitchen and the garage. The way it works is that we taped the door shut on both sides, so if you want to get from one side to the other, you have to run around through the front door. This system is working fine except for needing to carry a garage door opener in your pocket at all times.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

tee hee hee
: )

There was a time when garages were not attached to houses. I even live in one of them houses!
I have however been wondering lately, about having to buy new shoes one day, and if I'll have to leave them in the garage and walk to the house barefoot.

7:25 PM  
Blogger missmolly said...

Oooooh, you have a detached garage. [Sound of garage envy leaking through page.]

I got new shoes last summer, and it took two weeks before I could ride in the same car with them. I have to say those clearance-rack Dr. Scholl's exercise sandals I got a couple of weeks ago only took a couple of days to offgas, but they're only useful if you don't mind walking like a fashion-hobbled idiot. ;)

10:59 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well, with the fibromyalgia, and threadbare clothing, I'm not sure anyone would even notice the Dr Scholls as a separate statement!
I'd just have to find something permeable to hide them in while they offgassed in that detached garage!
(sound of your garage envy splattering into another universe)
Maybe the trick is to find a store that has clearance racks outside, so the shoes or sandals might even be pre-de-toxed! Now there's a plan! If I can ever extract myself from this mud...
"There is an eagle in me that wants to soar, and there
is a hippopotamus in me that wants to wallow in the mud."
-- Carl Sandburg
from: Grinning Planet, Issue Number 177

3:08 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

oops - a sentence disappeared...
Your garage envy vaporized because my garage has no door... but it does make for good air circulation...

3:12 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home