Tuesday, December 19, 2006

a pug, a bad man, Matthew McConaughey, and stuffed food

Today I learned some good news and some bad news. Also some weird news, but we'll start with good news: a little dog got run over by a train but emerged from under it without a scratch.

Here's the bad news: a physics professor from the University of Colorado - Denver was convicted of molested a kid he was mentoring, which, since I'm a nerd, made me wonder what kind of physics he did. It turns out that he's in atomic and molecular physics, and he's roughly my age, so people I went to school with could conceivably have met this guy at a conference. And you know what? After reading that abstract, I realized how much I hated sitting through talks on atomic and molecular physics. That stuff is boring. Shooting things with lasers is kind of cool, but hearing about it after the fact? Holy cow.

Back to the harmless news. Matthew McConaughey publicly said, when discussing why he doesn't wear deodorant, "Who wants to go around smelling like somebody's name brand?" So all you celebrity watchers out there, you can still wear fragrance-free deodorant, so if you go quick, you can get to the health food store before it closes this evening. I'll wait.

Ok, now that you're back from the store, we're going to discuss fake food. You can buy stuffed-toy food. For $20 a piece. All I'm going to say is that any middle school sewing teacher who is still teaching her kids to make pot holders is entrepreneurially blind.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home