Tuesday, December 12, 2006

I believe!

Yesterday I learned by reading about another married gay megachurch pastor in Colorado that if you regard homosexuality as a sin, and you can choose not to sin, then being gay is a choice. I hadn't understood why people thought being gay was a choice before, and I also now understand the corollary: you can believe that you're not stuck being gay if you are. I suppose if I were something I didn't want to be, I wouldn't want to be born like that, either.

Oh, wait a minute - my mother has been borderline EI all her life, and I am definitely an EI, but I'm going to squeeze my eyes shut and concentrate really, really hard....

In other news, the fastest way to finish grinding your concrete subfloor so it's flat is by calling up the flooring company and asking why, exactly, the subfloor should not vary by more than 1/8 inch over 8 feet. When they say that it's so that the floor won't see-saw over a bump, not that anything bad will happen to the flooring itself, you can go around declaring the areas around various bumps places no one is ever going to step, and then it all goes a lot faster.

So in today's news, I learned that the way to get your blog noticed is to pick your niche and be obnoxious, which you can't do if you're essentially writing editor-pleasing newspaper columns, or if you, say, have a problem with controversy.

I may not do controversy too well, but I do enjoy cooking up conspiracy theories, so here's the latest: It says here that even a small nuclear war will cause a nuclear winter. Since our the current administration is determined that global warming is not an issue, we don't need to worry about them deciding maybe they should just have an itty-bitty nuclear war to even things out.

Now I'm going to have nightmares.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home