Thursday, December 14, 2006

scary stuff

Today I learned that you can use dead crows to repel live crows and that The Polar Express, an animated Christmas movie for kids, freaks me out. Just like The Little Prince and The Wonderful Wizard of Oz.

Here's why these are such horrible stories:
  • The Polar Express has this freakishly introspective looking kid getting on a train in his front yard in the middle of the night, and tickets get lost, and there are wolves running next to the train, and there's a hobo, and I'm not sure I'm going to be able to stick it out much longer to see what happens.
  • The Little Prince changes planets all the time, but he has no spaceship. I'm not quite sure why that bugs me so much.
  • Dorothy had to go wandering off down some yellow brick road with no parental support, which, when I was three, sounded like a tremendously horrible idea.
I had a boss once who said I was a bottom-up thinker, which means I have to have all the details straightened out before I'm willing to cook up a plan. I think this was evident even when I was three.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home