Wednesday, December 13, 2006

advertising, word of mouth, and stupid post-Christmas-party activities

Today I learned that adding various advertising sites to Firefox's ad blocking filter is a pretty good spectator sport. If the ads hadn't been flashing or covering up newspaper text, it wouldn't have been nearly so entertaining. And if you don't have good ad blocking, the Chicago Tribune has the fewest ads of the papers I frequent.

In other news, I went to a party and heard that TJ Maxx and/or Marshalls carry thick, all cotton comforters for around $40 for queen size, and the UNICEF store out by Grant and Country Club had (and may still have) all cotton coats from Europe (or somewhere people aren't completely dependent on polyester, which still makes me sick). Since that information is now recorded here, I have some chance of remembering it.

The party I went to was the local HEAL group Christmas party, and in the spirit of doing nutty things after Christmas parties, I rode my bike home. It was only five miles, but I didn't feel too good until I got off the big roads and onto the side streets I'd planned to take, so it was a totally stupid idea, and I won't do it again soon.

It was still really fun.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home