Tuesday, November 21, 2006

why telemarketers should not call sick ladies

Today I learned that the Dove Foundation is a non-profit that calls people up to find out if they agree that Hollywood makes more movies now that are not family-friendly than ever before. I hemmed and hawed (telemarketers can be high entertainment when you're sick) and finally allowed as how, sure, there should be family-friendly movies. I wasn't in good enough form to properly answer the question about calling me back with more information, though. I started out with yes, but then the lady wanted my full name with the appropriate spelling and pronunciation, and all I could come up with for that was 'no.'

It only took me about three seconds to realize what a foolish mistake that was because that's how long it took to google 'Dove Foundation,' which took me here. Apparently they're in cahoots with a company that tries to sell you family-friendly movies, and armed with that kind of information, the next call could have been pretty entertaining.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home