Thursday, November 16, 2006

nutcases and echoes

Today I learned that people with Morgellons disease are being diagnosed with delusional parasitosis. A while ago I read an article (that I can't find) about Morgellons disease that described a specific set of symptoms: skin lesions with fibers that emerge and hurt a lot. That sounded pretty real to me, and since some doctors would diagnose me as a similar sort of nutball, I'm inclined to side with the people with the extremely painful fibers in their skin.

Also, since I am familiar with the concept of diseases caused by intracellular pathogens, which are really hard to detect, I thought, I wonder if Morgellons is caused by some kind of intracellular pathogen. Lo and behold, the doctor who invented the treatment for that kind of thing, thus curing himself of sarcoidosis instead of dying, thinks that is the case.

Which leads me to think that members of the medical profession who can't accept the idea of new kinds of diseases are delusional parasites.

In other news, my living room floor without its carpet smells a whole lot better than any of the other floors we've uncovered. That's a good thing because it's the only one that isn't flat (think nonlinear periodic waves with a wavelength of about 12 ft (4 m)*), so we can't seal it until we decide whether to shave off the peaks or fill the troughs.


* So I'm a nerd. I miss my job.

1 Comments:

Blogger AEQEA said...

If you are interested in Morgellons Disease or experience Morgellons symptoms. Check out Morgellons Disease Information Community and Message Board at morgellonsite.com

8:25 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home