Wednesday, November 15, 2006

I knew it

Today I read the following sentence from this article in the New York Times:
The problem is not unique to Florida, although it is especially severe in Miami-Dade County, which has one of the nation’s largest percentages of mentally ill residents, according to the National Alliance for the Mentally Ill, an advocacy group.
I got to wondering if the mentally ill congregate in cities because that's where the services are or something, or maybe there's something in the water. In any case, I seem to need confirmation for statements like that, so I then I went over to StateMaster: Where Stats Come Alive!, which I had handily bookmarked for just such an occasion. I must say that this map didn't disappoint*.

In other news:
* Ok, so California is the most populous state, so it's bound to have the most of any illness, but it just played into that California nutball stereotype so well.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home