Thursday, November 23, 2006

corn

Today I learned that, after two years, I am pretty much ok with corn again. This is a good thing because the way I tested that was by eating a whole lot of cornbread stuffing for Thanksgiving dinner. And so you know, we were all properly historical by having a duck instead of a turkey. Not that we really care.

In other cornbread news, there are a lot of cornbread snobs out there whose recipes require the use of a cast-iron skillet. That's all well and good, but then a surprising number of them list corn meal mix in their recipes, which, since I'm a different kind of purist, is pathetic. I fully admit to not growing my own corn and making my own cornmeal out of it, but stirring together flour and baking powder and/or soda isn't that hard, not that I bothered with the baking whatever.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home