Saturday, October 07, 2006

gribbles and spanking

Today I learned that since New York harbor has gotten so much cleaner, gribbles and shipworms can live there again. Ignoring shipworms because their name is not nearly as entertaining, this article has a picture of a gribble, and under the picture it says gribble damage could cause part of downtown Seattle to fall into the Puget Sound. Now, I recognize that that would be really bad if it happened, but it sounds like a lame 50s science-fiction flick.

Speaking of flicks, another definition of a flick is essentially a swat, which brings us to something many of us raised before the 'time-out' era have suspected all along: if your parents swat you on the butt when you're bad (but don't beat the daylights out of you), you turn out fine.

1 Comments:

Blogger Chris said...

Personally I always found the threat of being spanked a great motivator to eat my vegies and clean my room. I seem to have turned out ok.

6:39 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home