Thursday, October 05, 2006

smoky confused guys and good words

Today I learned not to stand near a smoker outdoors, even if he is not currently smoking. A somewhat confused older man who smelled a little of cigarette smoke came to my door today asking for directions to a very nearby house. To me his directions seemed pretty clear, but I have to admit that I live in a rat-warren subdivision where the streets sometimes change names just because they go around a corner. I pointed him toward the right road and told him just to follow it and it would turn into the one he wanted. The whole procedure took maybe a minute, but my smoke reaction lasted more like five.

In other news, you may think you only have one amygdala, one in your brain, but you would be wrong. Besides those, it says here that an amygdala is also one of the tonsils of your pharynx*.


* It's funnier if I don't explain (unless you took anatomy and already know this), but your tonsils are apparently almond-shaped, and amygdala means almond.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home