Thursday, July 27, 2006

camping in downtown and turkeys

Today I learned that for the last two days, there have been flash flood warnings at the campground where we were going to stay outside of San Diego this weekend so my husband could (all together now) go to a bike race.

I was all excited about going camping, but flash flood warnings mean that there is a little too much water around for us moldies, so he's going to have to go all by himself and stay in a hotel someplace. Where is still up in the air because there's some tennis thing going on, so he may end up staying somewhere in the next county.

The only other thing I learned today is that there are wild turkeys wandering around southern San Jose, and little turkeys are called poults. I saw seven poults out with their parents crossing the bike path I was on and wandering into suburbia. They weren't as pretty as Canada geese, which I saw in the park, but as a homeowner, I'd take a flock of half-grown turkeys over a gaggle of pooping geese any day.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home