Thursday, July 20, 2006

the epic chocolate buzz and my air quality obsession

Today I learned that you don't lose your cake-making abilities if you don't use them for a year and a half. Using my husband's birthday as an excuse, for dessert tonight we had pound cake with a lemon glaze and a flourless chocolate cake with raspberry sauce. As required by the rotation diet (not really), we both ate as much as we could, and now we're all zingy from the chocolate. I expect to sleep about three hours tonight.

In other news, I learned that those air quality maps I keep staring at on wunderground don't have as much detail as I do. Today, just to see if I could, I rode from Hellyer Velodrome toward Anderson Reservoir on the Coyote Creek bike path that runs along and occasionally crosses under 101 (partly visible as the green wiggly line at the bottom right of this map). The air was not so good on the west side of the freeway, but it was fine on the east side. I don't report numbers like 'ozone - 52,' but I can tell fine from not fine and ozone from particulates in much greater detail than the maps. Especially this one.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home