Sunday, June 04, 2006

the zoo, the grocery store, and time wasters

Today we were bored, so we went to the zoo. Going to the zoo was a silly idea because although the heat kept the crowds down, I essentially saunaed too hard, so now I'm really, really stupid. I still learned some things, though, so here you are:

1. Some of the animals looked like they were having a fine time, but some of the primates in particular looked bored out of their minds. After we saw the bored primates, we saw a sign that talked about anthropomorphism and advised visitors to ask not 'what are the animals doing,' but 'how are they feeling.' So, mostly hot, bored, or sleepy. As a side note, having been confined to my house at various times by outdoor mold or pollen, I can say with all certainty that I would absolutely hate being a zoo animal.

2. There's no smoking on zoo grounds, but people light up as soon as they leave the gates. There was a nice man outside the gates asking for petition signatures for banning smoking in public spaces, including work. We signed the Smoke Free Arizona intiative, not the liquor-group-backed Arizona Non-Smoker Protection Committee proposal, not that I knew there were two of them when I signed. And yes, all I have to do is be registered to vote by July, so I better get a move-on. One more thing: cigarette smoke is worse than skunk.

3. Wild Oats is carrying Bounce again. Now we have to cook up another letter-writing, manager-pestering campaign.

4. I was wrong before; there is no guessing in Sudoku. But if you are suffering from chemical-induced logic failure, there might just as well be.

5. The fifth season of the A-Team was so bad it got canceled mid-season. The episode I saw today had a bunch of fakey-Polynesian types on an island with a diamond mine who had a tendency to chant things. The final chant was hoo-ro-this, which when repeated faster and faster, became 'who wrote this.'

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home